A Global Problem
Commercial drones are affordable, easy to use and potentially dangerous. A single drone can turn an average person into a formidable threat. On average, drones aren’t much larger than a bird. Their small size, (categorized as Class 1 & 2 drones), combined with their surprising speed and agility, makes them very hard to detect and defend against. Criminals and terrorists are already exploiting drone technology to commit crimes and to kill adversaries.
Technology used to counter Class 1 & 2 commercial drones is known as ‘Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems’ (C-UAS). Current First Generation C-UAS systems utilize re-purposed military air defense radar systems which are expensive and ineffective. These military systems were designed to detect much larger aircraft, operating at much higher altitudes, not the small and maneuverable Class 1 & 2 commercial drones that operate at low altitudes (Just above the horizon) where obstacles are abundant.
A Next Generation Counter-Drone solution is needed that will detect, identify and mitigate the constantly evolving drone threat. A critical component of any Next Generation solution is a multi-sensor capability that can be adapted to protect both small and large physical areas. A Sandia Labs April 2015 Survey reported that it was unable to identify any Counter-Drone systems that incorporate a multi-sensor, data fusion system that could effectively protect a client’s security and privacy from an invasive drone.
A CSD-Counter-Drone-Systems-Report identify many Counter-Drone solutions that are popping up in the marketplace today. However, none of these solutions include the necessary Next Generation detection and mitigation features that protect against dangerous drones – whether at public events or during military operations. That is, until now.
(Click the above referenced document title to view survey & report)
Our Global Counter-Drone Detection & Defense Solution
XiDrone Systems, Inc. is proud to announce the development of a complete Next Generation Counter-Drone system. The XiDrone is a reliable and cost-effective system that includes a protective shelter for personnel and equipment, thus, allowing for a versatile platform which detects, identifies, tracks, monitors and mitigates Class 1 & 2 commercial drones. Our system and methods can detect and protect against drone swarms, both of which is a missing capability in most Counter-Drone systems being marketed today.
Our patented technologies include mobile or fixed site systems and can be integrated on land, air or sea.
XiDrone Systems Inc. was issued the first patents in the U.S. and Europe for a multi-sensor, counter-drone system, making us the leader in drone detection and defense technologies. Our IP Portfolio currently consists of 13 issued U.S. patents, 2 pending U.S. patents, and 1 European Patent inclusive of 12 EU countries.
XiDrone Systems Inc. patented technology exceeds the Multi-Sensor requirement identified in the 2015 Sandia Laboratory UAS Survey, thus, allowing us to support two critical market segments; C-UAS operations and the FAA Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) system.
- A detection element that uses 360-degree 3D x-band radar and RF technologies that enable rapid notification of commercial drones operating near sensitive or protected airspace
- Commercial drone detection and tracking that combines 3D x-band radar, multiple RF technologies and a Laser Range Finder (LRF) to produce real-time data that identifies drones and displays mitigation options
- An identification element using Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) technology that, coupled with data from the other sensors, generates a drone’s threat assessment and triggers the appropriate mitigation
- Multi-Sensors and forensic drone databases to assess a drone’s threat
- Mitigation options, including a Fire Control system, that ensure precise drone threat countermeasures, while simultaneously avoiding negative collateral effects
- Trigger situationally appropriate mitigations
- Integrate kinetic weapons that utilize mitigation technology that is lethal to a drone
- Incorporate an automated mitigation system that may be overridden by a system operator or ‘Human in the Loop’ (HiL)
- Incorporate Multi-Sensors that allow XiDrone Counter-Drone system to be customized based on the customer need or security requirement
- Multi-Sensors are in constant communication with each other, relaying critical drone detection and identification data (Drone Forensics) to a central processing unit to produce a Threat Analysis
- Multi-Sensors monitor, detect, track, identify, classify, and mitigate unauthorized commercial drones
- Next Generation technologies can identify DJI and non-DJI systems, thus, providing a complete operating picture (COP) for effective security protocols
- Next Generation technology is cost effective, making ownership a reality for all market sectors
- Next Generation technology is flexible for all C-UAS markets (Military, Commercial & Government)
- Our Multi-Sensor systems are the standard for domestic and global markets, including FAA Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) systems
- XiDrone Systems patents are oriented around an innovative and flexible data-driven Multi-Sensor technology
- A cost-effective solution for private, commercial, government, and military sectors
- Reliable 24/7 automated capability to protect sensitive airspace
- Can be operated using either a permanent platform or mobile platform (land, sea or air)
- Utilizes commercially available “Off the Shelf” equipment resulting in a technology that is versatile and affordable for all market segments
- Provides a proprietary Counter-Drone market advantage
- Expands branding recognition and marketing effectiveness
- Exploits new market opportunities
- Accomplishing C-UAS client strategic business goals while also reducing risk
- Remote Counter Drone Deployment
A Multi-Sensor based system will be an essential component when commercial drones are successfully integrated into the National Airspace System (NAS). XiDrone technology supports the FAA Unmanned Traffic Management (UTM) network that performs the dual role of protecting sensitive airspace and supporting commercial operations as a Supplemental Data Service Provider (SDSP).
XiDrone Systems’ forward-thinking strategies, combined with its ability to identify and execute key technology solutions, has allowed the company to patent Next Generation technology within the commercial drone industry, thereby, improving public safety.
Contact us today to learn how our patented technology can help leverage your company as an effective solution within a rapidly growing, global industry.